In this episode, you’ll discover…
- Why 61% of people report feeling lonely and how to address this need with the people you care about most ([5:10])
- What your pastor wishes they could tell you about loneliness ([7:47])
- How society’s definition of intimacy forces men to be lonely and how to overcome it ([11:33])
- The Triangle System for balancing vulnerability and sharing to build healthy relationships ([14:15])
- Why activities like golf and camping are vital for men’s emotional health ([18:14])
- What research data reveals about the greatest source of our happiness ([22:58])
- How to leverage technology to maintain meaningful relationships when you can’t meet in person ([26:35])
- The single factor that makes loneliness worse for your health than smoking 15 cigarettes a day ([28:51])
Shasta Nelson Bio:
Shasta Nelson is a keynote speaker, author, and leading expert on friendship and healthy relationships at work.
Filled with scientific data, real-world research, and fascinating case studies, Shasta’s programs reveal how healthy relationships at work directly impact employee engagement, team culture, sales, recruiting, and retention. She also teaches strategies for the healthiest friendships, contributing to individual happiness and well-being.
Frequently featured in the media as a popular resource on healthy relationships and the increasing epidemic of loneliness, Shasta has been interviewed live on several television shows including Katie Couric’s Katie, Fox Business, The Early Show, The Today Show, and The Steve Harvey Show. She has also been featured in countless national magazines like Good Housekeeping, Real Simple, and Health; and interviewed for prominent newspapers like The New York Times, The Washington Post, and The Los Angeles Times.
Shasta was selected by Facebook to be their media spokesperson and friendship expert for Friends Day 2018.
Shasta’s third book The Business of Friendship: Making the Most of the Relationships Where We Spend Most of Our Time will be published by HarperCollins Leadership in the summer of 2020.
Her Three Relationship Requirements have been featured in her popular TEDx talk and are widely praised for helping break down relationships in ways everyone understands.
Learn more at www.shastanelson.com
Are you ready to start winning at both work and home?
Are you crushing it at work but struggling at home? If you want to learn how to win at home, then go to https://CoryMCarlson.com and download your free copy of “10 Ways To Win At Home.”