In this episode, you’ll discover…
- How to create divine connections with random strangers during your mundane travels that blossom into inspiring friendships ([5:40])
- Why a “Family Mission Statement” puts raising good, Christian kids on “easy mode” (and how to create one at dinner tonight) ([8:37])
- How giving up on life-altering business opportunities brings your family closer together (without sacrificing your career) ([16:01])
- The “One Word Vision Method” helps you achieve your wildest goals instead of constantly coming up short ([22:42])
- How partnering with a friend in your faith journey doubles the wisdom you get from it ([29:05])
- The “Apple Seeds Technique” first developed by a Christian psychiatrist that instantly tells you if you should move cities, change careers, or go to a different church or not ([39:05])
- How the “Controlling the Controllables” mindset frees you from anxiety and frustration in your career and home life ([42:52])
- Why setting your alarm for 4:30 am (although that early may not be for everyone) brings you closer to God than going to church every Sunday ([46:41])
Dan Britton’s bio:
Dan Britton is a speaker, writer, coach, and trainer whose mission is to help people pursue their passion. He serves as the Chief Field Officer with the Fellowship of Christian Athletes where he has been on staff since 1990. Dan travels extensively around the world training thousands of leaders and works with over 90 countries. Dan played professional lacrosse with the Baltimore Thunder, earning a spot on the All-Star team and was nominated by his teammates for both the Service and Unsung Hero awards. He has coauthored seven books, One Word, One Word for Kids, Life Word, WisdomWalks, The Wisdom Challenge, True Competitor, and Called to Greatness. Additionally, he has authored and edited 12 books with the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. He is a frequent speaker for companies, nonprofits, sports teams, schools, and churches. Dan’s been interviewed by national outlets like FOX News, CBS News, and Fast Company. He still plays and coaches lacrosse and enjoys running marathons, even doing the Boston Marathon twice. Dan and his wife Dawn reside in Overland Park, Kansas, and have three married children.
Are you crushing it at work but struggling at home?
If you’re looking for a resource to help you with these times when your work is now in your home, check out my book Win At Home First on Amazon. Forbes Magazine rated it “one of 7 books everyone on your team should read”.
Also, If you’re stuck in a rut, find working from home difficult, or your priorities have changed and you’re questioning your purpose, I want you to know you’re not alone.
I put together a webinar for you called The Power of Priorities and Purpose. Check it out.
How important is it for you to get 2021 right?
If you believe outside perspective, accountability and community are what you need to fill the gap, then go here to learn more.
This may be exactly what you need to hit your 2021 personal and professional goals.