This week’s podcast guest is another one I was impressed with from our very first introductory call.
Usually, when I get on introductory calls, there is some muscle-flexing that takes place. How big is your business? How many employees do you have?
Out of the gates, Patrick Wathen, who is President of Equity Commercial Real Estate Solutions, was incredibly humble, yet confident.
Patrick works for a successful business that his dad started. Throughout the whole conversation, Patrick was quick to give credit to his father, as well as all the other employees of the company.
When we talked about his home life, he gave credit to his wife.
The podcast conversation not only continued in his humility, but he shared lots of wisdom that we all can benefit from.
Your leadership will be better for hearing this podcast.
In this episode, you’ll discover…
- How humility and respect go hand in hand when leading your team and your family ([2:19])
- The counterintuitive reason adding your faith to your company’s value statement opens more doors than it closes (even if you think it’ll make you lose customers) ([10:15])
- How having “healthy tension” in your business pushes your company to grow ([14:14])
- The subtle mindset shift to make in your prayers that helps you align with God’s plan for your life ([16:11])
- 2 simple ways to motivate and inspire others around you when you’re feeling unmotivated and uninspired ([23:16])
- The “Sleep On It Secret” military generals and Martin Luther King Jr. used to make wiser decisions instead of rushing into a bad solution ([25:41])
- How dedicating too much time to work sabotages your relationship with your kids (and how to spend time with your family without sacrificing your career) ([30:31])
Patrick Wathen’s Bio
Are you looking for community, content, and coaching?
If you’re a Cincinnati business owner or leader and you want to grow over the next 12 months, I want to help you.
I’m launching another cohort of Prioritized Leader Academy in November. Check out this video.
If you’d like to learn more about the program, send me an email at email@example.com.
Also, the next challenge starts in a few weeks!
On November 1, we will be launching the ‘Confident and Consistent Leader’ challenge for the 3rd time in the last six months!
Why are we doing it again?
Because it works and is helping leaders get movement.
See what one participant said:
So, are you ready?
If so, go here to learn more.
Thanks for reading and listening,